Do you know that...
- Retazat is the oldest Romanian national park, it was established in 1935?
- Retezat has the highest number of mountain peaks over 2,000m in Romania (over 20)?
- the mountain range gurgles with streams and has more than 80 glacial lakes?
- the largest glacial lake in Romania is Bucura in Retezat (8.8 ha)?
- the highest peak in the Retezat Mountain is Peleaga (2,509 m. high)?
- the deepest glacial lake in Romania is Zanoaga in Retezat (29-metre deep)?
- traditional grazing activities are still practiced by local people?
quotation from http://www.panparks.org/Network/OurParks/Retezat